DIY Body Butter Recipe
Currently, cosmetic products are very diverse, just need a computer or a smartphone with a few taps you can find a variety of cosmetics are looking for. However, whether the origin of those cosmetics is good or not. Hazardous additives or chemicals cannot be controlled. Why don’t you try making a product made by yourself. Why not?
How to make body butter?
This homemade butter recipe is smooth and white, it almost feels like a line of milk or a cloud. Helps nourish and replenish nutrients, give your skin a soft feeling, replenish skin moisture and voila! Beautiful body butter.
Although my skin is quite fond of the coconut oil moisturizer, the moisture and its essential oils can be a bit too greasy and it melts at high temperatures when it’s hot.
I need a good moisturizer that isn’t too greasy, so I decided to give it a try with some of my favorite margarine and figure out this lovely body butter recipe.
I really like the feel and taste of this homemade body butter! It’s great for your skin, giving it a super soft feel.
I used this body butter on my sensitive skin and used it on my kids. You can leave it as it is or add essential oils to create a great smelling body butter for yourself or as a gift.
This homemade body butter is so versatile. You can extract glass jars and add your favorite essential oils every time you use a new bottle.
Here are some of my favorite essential oils to use in this homemade butter recipe:
Peppermint (15-20 drops). You will smell like a candy! Great for holidays.
Frankincense & Lavender (15 drops each), this blend promotes beautiful skin!
Vanilla & Lavender (15 drops of Vanilla and 10 drops Lavender), this mixture is so relaxing!
Grapefruit & Lemon (20 drops each). This smell is AWESOME !! Just be careful not to wear this outside as citrus essential oil is the photosensitive.
I store in glass jars (as mentioned above, it allows you to change new essential oils and incense) and make this homemade body butter as a gift every holiday or event, some party These are also great as gifts!
Whipped Body Butter Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 1 Hours
- 2. 5 ounces coconut oil (approximately 1⁄3 cup).
- 2.5 ounces shea butter (approximately 1⁄3 cup).
- 2. 5 ounces cocoa butter (approximately 1⁄3 cup).
- 2.5 ounces jojoba oil or sweet almond oil (approximately 1⁄3 cup).
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder .
- 15-30 drops essential oils.
1. In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
2. Heat over medium heat and stir continuously until all ingredients are melted. When all the data has melted, let it sit out and let it cool.
3. Move to the fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
4. Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy. Add essential oils and whip for another minute.
5. Store in a glass jar with a lid.
Love this body butter? Then I know you’ll enjoy my other body butter recipes, like this coffee-infused body butter and magnesium body butter. You may also like my Lotion Bar Recipe made with coconut oil!